Are you tired of corporate? Maybe you have searched for the best place to lodge your pets and just can’t find it so you want to build your own. Regardless of what has brought you to this decision it is most important that you are prepared for the process of either locating an existing business to purchase or find that perfect property to build your own.
There are several things you should consider as you venture off to achieve your dream of providing pet care services.
- You need to weigh the options of building vs. buying.
- Will you lease a property or purchase a property?
- If a facility doesn’t already exist in the area ask yourself why.
- What experts will I need to either find the right property or business for sale?
- How will I finance this project?
- How will I obtain the training or support I need to know how to properly run a pet care facility?
- How much am I willing to spend to see this dream come true?
- What time frame do I want to accomplish this project in and is it realistic?
- Do I want this to be a hobby or a real viable business?
- How big a business do I want to build?
- How many employees do I want to manage or employ?
These are just a few examples of the tough questions you need to ask yourself. The pet care industry can be very rewarding and a very viable business, however it is not always easy to get started. If it was everyone would be doing it.
Take the time to think through the process and how you are going to go about accomplishing this dream. The principals of Morris Pet Care Consulting pride themselves in assisting those who want to enter the industry. We have all asked ourselves these questions and have experienced the ups and downs of the industry. At Morris Pet Care Consulting we have come together to share our knowledge and help those struggling with answering these questions to get the right answers for a profitable future.